This is our last Thanksgiving in Stephenville. We are looking forward to spending it with friends. With Chelsea in Denmark, it just wouldn't be the same to celebrate Thanksgiving at home. We are at the end of an era. She has been at the helm of our holiday meal preparation in Stephenville since she was just a little girl! David said it will be OK if we go to a friend's house as long as we bring some of our traditional dishes, like sour cream dinner rolls. Don't worry, David -- we've got you covered!
We'll all get to be with Chelsea and Sam in Copenhagen at Christmastime and we are really excited about our visit. We've never been there so it's a whole new European city to explore! But this means that our holiday meal traditions in our Texas home have come to an end. It's a bit sad, but at the same time, it's really OK. We have so many amazing memories of 24 years of holidays spent with family and friends in this house. Some of you have shared those meals with us here and we are truly grateful. We are blessed beyond measure. What's important is being with people you love. We are fortunate to be able to do that no matter where we are.
With that in mind, and with an “attitude of gratitude,” let me share some of the things I am most thankful for this year:
1) Wine! Wine! Wine!
3) Friends who love wine and coffee (and those who don’t)
4) Family – who drink wine with us (and those who don’t)
7) Airplanes to take us around the world
8) Prosciutto and cheese
9) Facetime so I can see my kids and talk to them even when they are far away
11) Similarities (and differences) between people
12) Our cottage in Canada (and especially our friends there)
13) The ability to "retire" and start a new chapter in our lives
14) My parents and grandparents who made me who I am today
15) The oppportunity to re-create our lives
16) Hopes and dreams
17) Evenings (drinking wine) by the fire
18) Italy, France, Ireland and the rest of Europe!
19) Technology (when it works)
20) Travel! Travel! Travel!
What are YOU most thankful for this year?? Let us know in the comments section, below!
Enjoy Thanksgiving with those you love and with a grateful heart, give thanks.
I'm always available to talk about travel!! Please drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.